Author Dusty Crabtree joins me today to talk about her paranormal young adult novel Shadow Eyes. Here are her top ten favorite quotes from the book. Stick around for more about Shadow Eyes and enter the giveaway for a free $50 Amazon gift card!
Dusty Crabtree’s Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Shadow Eyes
10. Sometimes the shadows’ influences had such minor ramifications. Others…let’s just say that wasn’t the worst thing I’d seen a person do when prompted by a shadow.
9. Bursts of glimmering, bright light flashed through waves of murky darkness in an ever-moving, ever-changing, and never-ending battle of good and evil.
8. I decided on a wave goodbye, but outstretched my hand more forward than sideways, which he mistook as a move to hold hands. When he took my hand and then realized that wasn’t what I had intended, we both felt awkward and tried to cover it up with an even more awkward hug, hands still clasped between us. All we needed to do was pound each other’s backs with our fists and we’d be frat brothers.
7. He glanced back to check my reaction and found me gaping and unable to move. As he began working on his project, a devious grin played on his face as if he knew I was nothing but a mere marionette easily manipulated by the slightest twitch of his master fingertips and that I was his favorite puppet to play with.
6. …the second shadow tilted its head back and opened the dark abyss of its mouth. What came out was the most horrible noise I had ever heard. It sounded like the echoing cackle of a demon drowning in a deep well. As piercing as nails on a chalkboard yet as murky and surreal as a nightmare.
5. It was as if his green eyes were my kryptonite, making all my defensive powers of wit and sarcasm useless. I was exposed and vulnerable. But for some reason, with Patrick…I liked it.
4. “Well, yeah. Since you have a boyfriend, nothing I say or do to you is meant to have any deeper meaning than harmless flirting.” He softened his voice as he leaned in closer to me and began tracing his finger from my hand up my arm to my shoulder. “Now, if you didn’t have a boyfriend…well, let’s just say, you could read as deeply into my actions as you wanted to.”
3. Suddenly, a gush of black water poured from the back seat over my shoulder and into my lap. I barely had time to let out a gasp of surprise before it circled rapidly around my body in a thick spiral, tightening its grip as it climbed up to my face. Within seconds I was smothered, consumed, oppressed, and overcome.
2. With his eyes still fixed in our direction, he continued to flaunt how much he enjoyed her agony. How much he savored the ecstasy of twisting himself around her wrists and lapping up her blood. **
1. I closed my eyes and slowly raised my hand to my forehead. I didn’t have to be completely lucid to recognize that our wreck of a situation had just escalated from a mild concussion to being thrown through the windshield of the car.
About Shadow Eyes by Dusty Crabtree
Amazon | Smashwords | Goodreads
Iris thought she could ignore the shadows…until they came after everyone she loved.
Seventeen-year-old Iris Kohl has been able to see both dark and light figures ever since a tragic incident three years ago. The problem is, no one else seems to see them, and even worse…the dark figures terrorize humans, but Iris is powerless to stop them.
Although she’s learned to deal with watching shadows harass everyone around her, Iris is soon forced to question everything she thinks she knows about her world and herself. Her sanity, strength, and will power are tested to the limits by not only the shadows, but also a handsome new teacher whose presence scares away shadows, a new friend with an awe-inspiriting aura, and a mysterious, alluring new student whom Iris has a hard time resisting despite already having a boyfriend. As the shadows invade and terrorize her own life and family, Iris must ultimately accept the guidance of an angel to revisit the most horrific event of her life and become the hero she was meant to be.
About Author Dusty Crabtree
Dusty’s Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
Dusty Crabtree loves a good story, but she also loves young people. These two loves are evident in all parts of her life. She has been a high school English teacher since 2006 and a creative writing teacher since 2014. She’s also been a youth sponsor at her local church for as long as she’s been teaching. She feels very blessed with the amazing opportunities she has to develop meaningful relationships with teens on a daily basis. With her love of reading in the mix, becoming an author of young adult books was just a natural development of those two passions in her life. She lives with her husband, Clayton, in Yukon, Oklahoma, where they often serve their community as foster parents.
Enter the Giveaway for a Chance to Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card
Visit the Other Stops on the Tour
August 21st – Kick off the tour on Dusty’s Blog
August 22nd – Sharon Ledwith (5 truths and 3 lies)
August 23rd – Tana Rae Reads (Review)
August 25th – Sara Daniel (Character interview with Patrick)
August 26th – Laurel Leaves (Small pub to self-pub)
August 27th – Fang Freakintastic Reviews (The creep factor in Shadow Eyes)
August 29th – The Minding Spot (Review)
August 31st – Suite T (New and Improved Shadow Eyes)
September 2nd – Carrie K’s Book Reviews (Review)
September 4th – Eleni’s Taverna (Iris, the Unlikely Hero)
September 6th – Clarissa Johal (My Dream Cast)
September 8th – The Story Sanctuary – You are here!
September 10th – Finish the tour on Dusty’s Blog.
The quotes definitely make me want to read this book!
Awesome! That’s what I was going for. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!
Right? Looks pretty intriguing. 🙂
Thanks for having me, Kasey! Glad to be able to give people a taste of the book. 🙂
It’s my pleasure!
The cover colors are stunning and I’d pick this book off the shelf because of the cover. The synopsis makes this book sound unique to me so I want to read it.
I like the cover colors, too. I haven’t had a chance to read this one yet. Let me know if you read it and how you like it!
Pingback: Shadow Eyes Re-Release Blog Tour and Amazon Giveaway | Dusty Crabtree